The world has changed a lot in recent years. What else has changed is the process to monetize your Youtube account as well. Yes, if you are a great fan of Youtube and running a channel to make money from Youtube then this post “how to monetize your Youtube account” is for you. Gone are the days when only creating an account on Youtube and uploading regular videos was enough to monetize your channel to make dollars from the world’s largest video platform. So, the idea here is to first understand the Youtube account monetization rules and how to earn money from youtube before everything else.
Youtube Monetization Requirements
Youtube monetization requirements might be different for different countries. But, if you live in India and want to be a Youtuber then you are in luck. Why? Because Youtube has kept its monetization rules simple and straightforward for Indian Youtubers. Here below are mentioned important Youtube monetization checklists.
- Your Youtube channel must have at least 1000 subscribers.
- Your Youtube channel is required to have at least 4000 public watch hours in a time span of 365 days.
- Security also matters a lot for Youtube monetization. So, your account must be enabled with 2-step verification.
- Your Youtube channel must not have received any guidelines strike.
If your channel on Youtube meets all the above-mentioned requirements then, gladly, you can monetize your channel and make money out of it.
How to Monetize your YouTube Account?
In order to monetize your Youtube channel, the first step is to create and set up an Adsense account. Be informed that Adsense is Google’s in-house advertising platform. Setting up an AdSense account means allowing Youtube to run paid promotions and ads on your Youtube videos. The setup of an Adsense account also means verifying who you are and what kind of channel you are running.
Understanding the Youtube Partner Program or YPP is the next step to monetizing your channel on Youtube. In short, YPP is all about acknowledging and recognizing the terms of Youtube channel monetization including meeting the requirements we already discussed in the above section.
Once you completely understand the ins and out of YPP then consider following these steps:
- Firstly, sign in to your Youtube account.
- From the drop-down under your profile picture, select YouTube Studio.
- After that from the left menu, you need to tap “Monetization”.
- If you have not met the requirements yet then select “ Notify me when I am eligible”. Once you complete the threshold, you will receive an email on your registered mail id.
- Make sure you accept the terms of Youtube channel monetization and submit your application.
- Now you have to wait for the approval. Note that Youtube might take up to one month or 30 days to accept and approve your request to monetize your Youtube account.
In case you don’t hear back from Youtube even after waiting for one month then consider contacting Youtube using your only app or website. Remember that there is no direct helpline number on Youtube or Google that you can dial from your phone and get help. Youtube’s official app and website are the only genuine ways to get in touch with Youtube representatives.