When and if you see Quickbooks update error 15212 that means your payroll update wasn’t successfully done. There are other reasons as well when you might have to face this issue. Like when the shared download drive doesn’t get mapped properly. Or if you have insufficient access. All of these are some common reasons why you might be facing this issue.
And while you start the troubleshooting process, there will be a few points to consider. Make sure there is an active payroll service subscription. Also, ensure that there are not more than one Quickbooks version installed on your system.
What might be causing the QuickBooks Update Error 15212?
You might end up facing this error due to multiple reasons. But the most common of them all are.
- If you have accidentally selected a location for updates that’s currently unavailable. For eg., if you have selected the “update download” location to a removable drive. This error can be faced. And in such a case, you will have to re-download the updates to a new location.
- When and if the shared download is on the “switched off” mode. This will refrain the software from mapping the location once again.
- Lastly, if the download location you chose doesn’t have enough space. This can also lead to Quickbooks update error 15212 code. And that’s because the software will not be able to map the location.
Apart from these causes, you will have to consider the other important points that we have discussed in the introduction.
Solving the Quickbooks update error 15212 code issue?
Once you have found out the reason and kept in mind the initial points, you can then start the troubleshooting process.
Solution: Start your Quickbooks in selective startup mode
If you think there is a third party software or any other application causing this error. Then you should use this method to eradicate the QB update error code 15212.
- Go to the desktop and press “Windows+R” that will open the run command on your screen.
- In the search bar, you will have to type “Msconfig” and then click “Ok.”
- In the general tab, click the selective “startup” and then load system service option.
- Next, you will have to click on the “service” tab and then hide the Microsoft services.
- Then select “disable” all and then you need to uncheck the hide all service checkbox.
- Once you are done with all this, you need to restart the computer and then check whether the problem is still there or not.
If you are facing QB update error 15212 and are unable to fix it. We would suggest that you connect with our experts for the best solution. The certified professionals of our team have a long and strong history of helping and assisting people to solve their Quickbooks related problems. That offers 24/7 technical support via phone, chat, and email free of cost with QuickBooks cloud hosting. We help you fix errors in all QuickBooks versions including QuickBooks Enterprise, Pro, and Premier.+1(855)-738-0359
If you need any kind of immediate assistance all you need to do is call us on the number that’s flashing on the screen. Our team members will assist you further.